Welcome Message from WFME President
The World Federation for Medical Education is a lively and active organisation working to improve the quality of medical education in all parts of the world. We hope you will join us in our World Conference in Seoul, Korea, in April 2019 and share in the most important parts of our work.
- What is happening in the WFME Recognition of Accreditation programme, and how should an accrediting agency prepare for it?
- Are your practices in accreditation the right ones?
- How should you develop standards for education that are right for the context of your medical school, your country or your region?
- How can we help to make the transition from medical school, to postgraduate education, and on to a fully-established medical career while
maintaining a lifetime of learning and quality improvement?
- What are the questions to be answered in developing accreditation of postgraduate medical education?
Speakers from all parts of the world will include WFME advisors and assessors from the WFME Recognition of Accreditation programme; accreditation experts who have been successful in that programme; specialists in the development of standards for basic medical education; authorities on accreditation of postgraduate education; and many more.
Earlier WFME World Conferences have been milestones in the development of medical education in recent decades producing, for example, the 1988 Edinburgh Declaration on Medical Education and the launch of the first edition of the WFME standards for medical education in 2003. The 2019 Conference promises to be equally momentous.
Prof. David GORDON
President, World Federation for Medical Education